Malevolence: The Sword of Ahkranox is an RPG for the PC aimed at all those fans of old-school first person RPG gaming.
If you're just having a quick look, here are the key things that make this game what it is:
- The game is an homage to classic RPGs such as Eye of the Beholder, Might & Magic, Dungeon Master, Stonekeep, etc
- Movement is grid-based and turn-based
- It is set in an infinite, persistent world (yes, persistent, too!)
- The world is rich and full of dungeons, crypts, forests, cities, vast oceans and more
- World is NOT randomly generated, but it IS infinite, so you can share what you find with friends
- Items, weapons, quests, locations, maps, NPCs, even dialogue are generated by the game
- Even some graphics such as weapon images are generated procedurally
That being said, the aim of this isn't to make a game that you can play forever, that would just be silly.
What we're making is an RPG that you can play for as long or as little as you want, and always have new places to find.
Best of all, the in-game world is also persistent, so if you find something cool, you can share its location with your friends and they'll be able to find it, too!
Give it a try today!