Dungeons

Discussion in 'Questions about Malevolence' started by rune_74, Feb 8, 2013.

1. rune_74

rune_74 Member A true warrior of Ahkranox

When I find a dungeon on the map, is the interior randomly generated or is it the same for everyone on their games as well?

example: if I found test dungeon, is test dungeon a set dungeon in the game?
  2. Alex Norton

Alex Norton The Lord of Ahkranox Staff Member A true warrior of Ahkranox

The same for everyone :)
  3. Kneecleaver

Kneecleaver Well-Known Member A true warrior of Ahkranox

That's part of the beauty of this whole thing. When the other procedural layers get laid on top of what we already have this is truly going to be a thing of beauty.
  4. Alex Norton

Not long now! Managed to burn through about 9 bugs last night!
  5. rune_74

rune_74 Member A true warrior of Ahkranox

Alex, we need the magic system:(
  6. Alex Norton

Yeah, I know :( I really want to work on it, but I ran a poll and the majority voted for me to fix the major bugs in the game first :(
  7. Darkbynight

Darkbynight Captain Von Awesomesauce A true warrior of Ahkranox

I think some people wanted a mix of both but there was no option for doing both fixes and features interchangeably. :p
  8. Aleopheus

Aleopheus Official Project Backer A true warrior of Ahkranox

I think only monsters and loot will differ if you replay this dungeon with a different char or another person will descent in the depths of this dungeon.
  9. warmonger3

warmonger3 Active Member A true warrior of Ahkranox

This could indeed be a game that will live as long as Demise has. I've been playing that game off and on for 13 years now.
    Sultain likes this.
  10. Alex Norton

LONGER!!!

:p
    Sultain likes this.
  11. Sultain

Sultain Member A true warrior of Ahkranox

Demise, wow... I still have my manual that fell apart, but I cant find my disk, oh well, this is better:) I do have a question about dungeons (I think it may have already been discussed) but, I was just playing for a cpl hours (and forgot to hit F5) and got beat up by a stronger than average Ogre:(. I had cleared lvl 1, but I was killed on lvl 2, along with all that shiny loot, etc. Now will floor 2 re-set since I didn't clear it? Or are the killed mobs gone, along with chests, furniture, etc?
  12. Yezandriel

Yezandriel Member A true warrior of Ahkranox

As far as i know - the progress you made after saving will be lost entirely, but you'll still have the maps for they're saved seperatly.
  13. Sultain

Sultain Member A true warrior of Ahkranox

ok, thanks..
  14. Darkbynight

Darkbynight Captain Von Awesomesauce A true warrior of Ahkranox

Well, the game doesn't save unless you tell it to save so when you die, the game will revert back to your old save, so yes, all progress from your last save will be lost.
    In my newest let's play video you will notice I save at least 2 or 3 times and I didn't even clear the first floor yet. :p
  15. warmonger3

warmonger3 Active Member A true warrior of Ahkranox

They finally did do an expansion for Demise but alas it requires another purchase, I am currently playing a ten year old game save. Funny thing about that game, I always got to where I thought I was good, then I'd meet a party of monsters that would proceed to wipe me out.
  16. Kneecleaver

Kneecleaver Well-Known Member A true warrior of Ahkranox

Wow, Demise never expected to hear that. Great old game. Spent many hoursplaying it. Posting from my tablet so excuse any mistakes.
  17. Blatherbeard

Blatherbeard Master Barkeep (Moderator) Staff Member A true warrior of Ahkranox

Wow, a game ive never heard of before.

Ill have to investigate.