Episode 48

Discussion in 'The Malevolence Podcast' started by Alex Norton, Oct 11, 2014.

1. Alex Norton

Alex Norton The Lord of Ahkranox Staff Member A true warrior of Ahkranox

LOL the world's internet is based on Malevolence's stat system
    tnoyce and Aleopheus like this.
  2. Shephard

Shephard Warrior of Ahkranox A true warrior of Ahkranox

Awesome podcast as always guys :)

I remember the days of 56k in fact Ireland is so shitty when it comes to internet that it is really only the past 2 years that I have had broadband available to me, but even then I only get a 7.5GB limit a month. So when it comes to downloading games more than 500MB I usually just go to the Wi-Fi hotspot that I use to upload all my videos. lol.

This kind of reminds me of the whole thing where when women's breasts are shown full blown in video games that is wrong yet in a game like Outlast where there are little two dudes standing there naked with their full on you know what's being in plain sight, nobody gives a shite as to the fact that this is the case. Why is it that when it comes people being shown in a game, be it a woman or a man, why should it be any different? If this is the case, then why is it ok for men to have their bits showing without shame, yet there is huge uproar is a female character does this. At the end of the day, men and women are not all that different, psychologically they are mostly the same. Another example of this is in F.E.A.R 2, the main character Michael Beckette is literally raped, which can partially seen through FPS, yet there is no shit storm over that? Does that mean that rape is fine when it happens to men? Yet there was the whole rape bullshit over the Tomb Raider game mentioned in the podcast. It doesn't make any sense what so ever. Like Ryan, I am having difficulty saying exactly what it is I am trying to say, plus tiredness doesn't help, but I hope that you guys can get what it is I am trying to say and hope it doesn't offend anyone in any way as that is not my intentions.
    Alex Norton likes this.
  3. Aleopheus

Aleopheus Official Project Backer A true warrior of Ahkranox

Will there be a new podcast some day ?
    Is there not enough time for a new podcast or are the topics missing ?
  4. Alex Norton

Alex Norton The Lord of Ahkranox Staff Member A true warrior of Ahkranox

Probably not. We were really reaching for decent topics of discussion towards the end there, and both of us started getting busy again. It may return one day, but currently there aren't any plans.
  5. Jaymo

Jaymo Active Member A true warrior of Ahkranox

Yeah my first modem was a handmedown 300 baud... by grade 12 I had a 14400. Only knew 3 other kids with modems at school in those days. Doom was my first non-local multiplayer experience. Nice memories.