Shepples Reviews and Previews Indie Games

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shephard, Sep 4, 2016.

1. tnoyce

tnoyce Official Beta Tester A true warrior of Ahkranox

Blathers, I went through that same issue. You should be able to get it on Steam as well. I recall the dev did at one point give out Steam keys, or I repurchased it on Steam -- not certain which. It's been a while. I do have it in my Steam library. I also confirmed GOG has it.
  2. Blatherbeard

Blatherbeard Master Barkeep (Moderator) Staff Member A true warrior of Ahkranox

i dont mind repurchasing if need be, desura was doomed to fail from the beginning unfortunately.
  3. Shephard

Shephard Warrior of Ahkranox A true warrior of Ahkranox

Yeah, you are right there Blathers. With Steam having Greenlight at the time, the one hope that Desura had and the one thing they were banking on, that being indie titles failed terribly. And the ones who suffered the most with Desura's fall were the very ones they were trying to be a voice for, the developers.

But now it seems that Steam have their hands full with Epic Games attempting to take over the PC online distribution market. A war that appears to have already begun with Deep Silver dropping Steam for Epic Games with Metro: Exodus yesterday. But with Epic Games offering an 88% sales cut to Steams 70% and a human-curated platform, it comes as no surprise. And with Deep Silver doing it, no matter how much Valve moan that it is "unfair" now that one has done it, more will follow. I'm making up a news video about it this morning.
  4. Shephard

Hey Guys,

Here is the Surgeon's Report on Deep Silver dropping Metro Exodus from Steam in favour of Epic Games

As always thank you for watching and I hope you enjoy the video. :)

More to come today. :)
    tnoyce and ShoHashi like this.
  5. Shephard

Hey Guys,

Here are two more Surgeon's Reports for you, one being on 39 Days to Mars now being available for pre-ordering on Xbox One and the other on Anno 1800 being delayed along with details on its Closed Beta starting on the 31st.

As always thank you for watching and I hope you enjoy the videos. :)
  6. Shephard

Hey Guys,

Two new videos for you. One being news about an upcoming indie game called Anodyne 2: Return to Dust and the other, my preview of that very game. :)

As always guys thank you for watching and I hope you enjoy the videos :)
  7. Shephard

Hey Guys,

Here is a News video for an indie developer AmmoBox Studios launching a GoFundMe campaign fora legal battle with their former thieving publisher along with how the whole situation began.

As always I hope you guys enjoy the video and thank you for watching.
    Blatherbeard, ShoHashi and tnoyce like this.
  8. ShoHashi

ShoHashi Warrior of Ahkranox A true warrior of Ahkranox

Shephard and tnoyce like this.
  9. tnoyce

tnoyce Official Beta Tester A true warrior of Ahkranox

What a sucky deal, and I'm certain others have had similar things happen. Hopefully, they'll win their battle and the publisher that failed to come through will be held accountable.
    Blatherbeard and Shephard like this.
  10. Shephard

You are in luck Sho! It is on my list :) I should be giving it a go at some point this week. Just finishing up BOMBFEST and Lovecraft's Untold Stories and getting stuck into Medieval Kingdom Wars. So shouldn't take too long to get stuck into Wargroove
    Blatherbeard, ShoHashi and tnoyce like this.
  11. Shephard

Yes, hopefully, they will win. But I fear they may never get things even started. As of now, they are just shy of only $500 out of a $25,000 goal. So unless some serious backers start getting involved, it may never even happen. :(
  12. Shephard

I contacted Chucklefish this morning, asking if it would be possible to get a Steam key. Awaiting a response right now. I don't have many hopes of getting one, but if I don't, I'll just buy the game and cover it from there. :)
    ShoHashi likes this.
  13. Shephard

Hey Guys,

Here is my review of BOMBFEST one of the best party games that you will ever play and the first 10/10 game of 2019. :)

As always thank you for watching guys and hope you enjoy the video.

(Had to edit this. I put thank you and best regards. I've been writing too many e-mails.) lol
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
    ShoHashi and tnoyce like this.
  14. Shephard

Hey Guys,

Here is my review of Medieval Kingdom Wars, a strategy game that is a fusion of the RTS and Grand Strategy genres with roguelike progression. :)

As always thank you for watching guys and I hope you enjoy the video. :)
    ShoHashi likes this.
  15. ShoHashi

Thanks for the review on Medieval Kingdom Wars, Shep! Added to my wishlist! :)
    Shephard likes this.
  16. Shephard

You are welcome as always Sho! :) I've got quite a few strategy games (of all forms) and RPGs in my sights at the moment, the problem is picking out which ones to cover. lol So expect to see a good few more over the next while. :)
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    ShoHashi likes this.
  17. Shephard

Hey Guys,

Here are some quick news videos you for. :)

As always I hope you guys enjoy the videos and thank you for watching. :)
  18. Shephard

Hey Guys,

Here is a review of a little horror FPS gem I found while thumbing through the Steam release lists. I have to admit I wasn't expecting much with the game, but for the price of €1.59, it delivered in more ways I could have ever hoped for. At that price, it is a steal!

As always I hope you guys enjoy the video and thank you for watching :)
  19. ShoHashi

Looks very good, Shep. Will be adding to my Wishlist also! :) Good looking out! :)
    tnoyce likes this.